Sunday 10 November 2013

Poetry in motion.



I've posted about Tiana Zoumer beforebut man, I can't get enough of watching her hoop right now.

Her grace, her strength, her speed, her poetry, her passion and, especially, her creativity, are so inspiring. Whenever I go to YouTube, Tiana is the first channel I check to see if she's posted a new clip. She posts quite regularly and I swear she comes up with some new mind-boggling way to hoop each time.

"Poetry in motion" is a bit of a cliché but really, that's what comes to mind when I watch Tiana hoop.

So then I go back to watch my own hoop videos and eek! They're less of the "poetry in motion" and more of the "shuffling around the back garden". I believe I do hoop with more grace than what comes across in my hoop videos, but I still get so nervous in front of the camera that I can't hoop freely!

Any way, I don't want to be Tiana Zoumer but I would like to inject a little more of her poetry and grace into my hooping. So from now until the end of the year, I'm learning no new moves [other than those that come naturally out of my own body]. Instead I'm allowing myself to be inspired to dance bigger and bolder than ever.

Happy hooping,
Anne-Marie x

No comments:

Post a Comment